Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Having Faith

      Having faith is not an easy thing sometimes. When so many things are going wrong, or not the way you planned, it's hard to see the big picture.
       I want to tell you guys about our frustrations with adoption. Warning, I will be mentioning our religious beliefs.
      Adoption is one of the most difficult things to do, most couples who want to adopt, have been waiting for years. Like us, we have been waiting for 3 years. Many people come into your life with a possibility of finding that child that belongs to you. However, in most cases, they fall apart. 
       This past weekend, I was struggling so much, and with Bart being out of town, I went to my bishop. Whenever I need something, I always turn to the Lord. Whether it be to help me at work, or to tell him my frustrating day, that is where I go.
       I went into my bishops office with my heart heavy and told him everything that I had been frustrated with. How it seemed that no matter how faithful we have been, the thing we wanted most still wasn't happening. He then told me this: sometimes, when you are told to have faith, it's not always meaning faith. A lot of times, it means patience. Now, having patience is difficult too, you have to be content with yourself and almost need to forget about the situation. 
     When I've had almost too much, I always ask for a blessing to help me through just a little longer. That's what I did. I won't dive into details, but there was something in the blessing that really stuck out to me and has helped me be happier and find joy in my life right now. That little saying? 

"Even the most hopeless situations, can be hopeful." 

I was feeling pretty hopeless. I didn't know what to do next, but then, it became clear a few days later when a blessing happened. We still don't have a child, but that doesn't mean that one isn't being prepared for us. 

Life is too short to be sad. Enjoy it while you can. Be happy with yourself, and things will fall into place.

Till next time. ;)
Much love
Bart and Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment